Wow!! What a day Friday was!! My Mom and I had back to back to back meetings for the wedding!! Our first appointment was at our actual venue. My Mom loved it!! The wedding coordinator there was again just so sweet and helpful!! I'd say the tour of the venue was very much a success!! My Mom was able to finally see what Rey and I have been gushing about!! And a major bonus was that it was getting decorated when we got there for a Christmas party!! So great because the tables were all there (including the buffet table) so my Mom was able to see visually how the tables would be set and the amount of room left over. I was blown away by the set up of the buffet, it's literally the longest buffet set up ever!! Guests, be prepared to eat your heart out!! There's SO much food!!After the venue tour, Mommy and I had yummy sandwiches for lunch, MmMmm!! Then we headed to the florist!! And this is where I was really blown away. My flowers.. Simply AMAZING!! It was so fun choosing flowers and making mock up bouquets to figure out the color, texture, and type of flowers matched our vision. Plus, trying to pronounce all the flowers was hilarious!! We chose what we wanted for my bride's bouquet, my brides maid's bouquets, the groom's boutonniere, the centerpieces, head table decor, and also the gazebo's flowers!! OMG so so so beautiful!! With the holidays all coming up, we get our price quote in January from them. From there we can decide if we want to chose them or not, but we're pretty sure we're choosing them. We saw someone walk in last minute to get an arrangement done. Literally minutes later it was done and it looked amazing!! I guess it's just that magic touch that you just have or don't have. They envision what they want and execute it so well!! Plus, their flowers are SO fresh!! Their arrangements stay fresh looking for weeks!!
After the florist we headed to the bridal boutique where it was literally a one stop shop type of place. They recently moved locations so they aren't open for the public yet. But they will in February!! We got to see samples from the videographer which was great. Most likely we're going to chose them (85% sure). They are very open to all of my ideas for what I want for our video and they are priced fairly well. We also discussed with them hair and make up and chair rentals (like I said, this place had it all!!). We're pretty sure which chairs we want which is good. :)
Ahh Friday was such a success for our wedding planning, we're definitely making progress!! And I love how I'm getting things down now so that way I won't have much to plan later on. We're trying to have EVERYTHING picked out and done 3 months before the wedding. The only thing we want to do for the last 3 months is send in the last of the payments. Doing all the planning with the help of Rey and my Mom (and advice and encouragement from my in laws) has been so great. Yesterday going to all these places with my Mom was intense with emotions. I was so excited and having my Mom there excited with me was such a great bonding experience. Being excited together and seeing things come together with my Mom was so much fun!! Having a mother stand by your side and beyond supportive is such a blessing. I really can't explain how happy it makes me feel, and also having your Mom come with your to these appointments makes everything feel so real!! I guess other brides know what I'm talking about!! Haha!!
After all the appointments I had to rush over to Elephant Bar to meet up Rey and his family. It was his parents 35th wedding anniversary!! Whoo hoo!! Rey's parents already seen the photos of the venue and they loved it, so today I showed them a video I recorded for them of the place and they loved it!! So now all light green and when my Mom get's back from Vegas (she's going there for the holidays for Shirley's family) we can put down the deposit for the venue. And Rey and I are putting down the deposit for our photographer within the week!! No turning back now with the deposits going out!! Hehee!!
As for the rest of the week, one of the highlights was we finally tried out the boiling crab (photo of Rey on location above)!! Rey's been there before and told me all about it, so we went together!! It's a far far drive and for him very much worth it because 1lb of shrimp goes a long way. But for me (because I'm allergic to shrimp), 1lb of crap doesn't fill you up too much. Haha!!
We hope everyone is doing fantastic!! Christmas is almost here!! We hope you all have a great holiday season surrounded by your loved ones!!
In other news, we went to eat at Boiling Crab in San Jose. Rey's been there before and told me all about it, so we went together!! It's a far far drive and for him very much worth it because 1lb of shrimp goes a long way. But for me (because I'm allergic to shrimp), 1lb of crap doesn't fill you up too much. Haha!! There's all kind of seasonings we could add, so we both got the whole sha-bang. However, I will say I got the mild (one away from the most spicy you could get) and it wasn't hot at all. Plus the seasonings were SUPER salty. But perhaps I could taste it more because I hate salt. Rey said it was fine. He loved it!! Haha!! The day we went, we found out within a matter of hours that 3 other people we knew went as well. What a small world that we all chose that far away place to eat all on the same day!! LOL!! Anyone else been??

0 comments:
Post a Comment