Today was such an important date; It's Election Day!! And I just wanted to thank everyone who did their part of being an active American!! Your vote is so important and it needs to be head!! I've voted before but never for a President, and my Mom just recently became a citizen so this was her first time voting for a Presidential Election as well. So last night she called me and asked me what time I was voting, I didn't have a particular time so she asked if I wanted to go with her for our first time!! So today she picked me up and we went together to vote and am I so happy to say we are no longer Presidential voting virgins!! Above is a photo of us standing next to the American flag at our local polling place before we went in to make a difference and have our voices (that are ever so loudly, WE'RE SICK OF YOU BUSH!!) heard. It felt so good to exercise our right to vote as a minority woman!! I'm so happy how far we have came as a country, first getting blacks to vote, then women's right to vote, and hopefully soon the right for everyone in California to vote!! Together as a country we can change this world, so come on America, LET'S DO IT!!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Voted!!
Today was such an important date; It's Election Day!! And I just wanted to thank everyone who did their part of being an active American!! Your vote is so important and it needs to be head!! I've voted before but never for a President, and my Mom just recently became a citizen so this was her first time voting for a Presidential Election as well. So last night she called me and asked me what time I was voting, I didn't have a particular time so she asked if I wanted to go with her for our first time!! So today she picked me up and we went together to vote and am I so happy to say we are no longer Presidential voting virgins!! Above is a photo of us standing next to the American flag at our local polling place before we went in to make a difference and have our voices (that are ever so loudly, WE'RE SICK OF YOU BUSH!!) heard. It felt so good to exercise our right to vote as a minority woman!! I'm so happy how far we have came as a country, first getting blacks to vote, then women's right to vote, and hopefully soon the right for everyone in California to vote!! Together as a country we can change this world, so come on America, LET'S DO IT!!
Labels:
Family and Friends,
News,
Random,
Updates and Info
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment